Sunday, 14 November 2010

If I practice Catch and release fishing-why do I need a fishing license?

This is a question that has always baffled me. I'm a catch and release fisherman. I don't like the fish I catch. I catch them, admire them to ensure that they are well and let them back in the water that they came from. No harm, no foul. So why the hell should I buy a fishing license? Have you ever thought about the foolishness of this situation? I have, of course.


I could understand that you don't need to buy a fishing licence as I loved the fish. You must pay for the environmentalists who help keep ecosystems healthy and such, and pay for the hatcheries that increase when the fish that get released in area waters.I understand all this, but in addition to the other points that I mentioned, the River I spend 90% of my time in fish don't get filled with fish the trout are found.


I've never liked the idea of stocked fish in any case. You have one of these "darts" ever caught, as we call them? We call them darts, because of the fish fins are deprived of raised in tanks. The whole idea of catching stuffed fish is always seemed to me a little hypocritical. We have companies that contribute to fish and let them go in the area waters be caught and killed.Why don't we just raising cows and do the same thing. Increase of the cows, then let them go in the Woods, then people can go out and shoot them for food? The cow idea sounds silly, but it's really no different than what we do with fish.


We've actually come to think of it, "ranches" that this with animals all over the country.Some of them actually exotic animals, far from being killed and some of these "ranches" just feed wild animals fortified foods so that their antlers large. How we as a population consider this as well? I mean, I'm all for hunting, but the feeding of the animals of certain types of food just letting grow faster? For me this is all just glorified agriculture is masked by different names.


I got on a bit of a tangent there with hunting, but the bottom line is that these things are all connected.Fish hatchery fish farms are just.And see how I was not a river that has farmed fish in fish, and I don't like the native fish I catch, why is it that I should buy a fishing licence? it just doesn't seem like I should have that is everything, and I've never heard anyone question.


Trevor Kugler is co-founder of jrwfishing.com and an avid fisherman. He has more than 20 years ' experience fishing for all types of fish, and 15 years of business and internet experience. He calls at this time his three-year-old daughter in the heart of trout fishing country Montana!

No comments:

Post a Comment